Find a plumber

Whether you have a dripping tap, need a burst pipe repaired, or a new plumbing system installed, we recommend you choose an approved plumber to ensure they are fit to work in your home.

Similar to schemes such as gas safety, we've pre-approved thousands of plumbers and underground workers across our region, to check they are qualified and have the knowledge required in water regulations.

Search for a plumber in your area

  • Please note, when we compiled the information on our approved plumbers search, the companies listed employed qualified named plumbers or underground workers, who are familiar with the requirements of the Water Regulations.
  • Your contract will be with the approved plumber / underground worker and not Thames Water, so we cannot give assurance of their availability or guarantee their work.
  • We will not get involved in any contractual disputes between you and the plumber or underground worker.
  • We recommended that you obtain at least one quote before employing any contractor.
  • We recommend that you ask in advance, whether there is a charge for giving a quote.
  • Please make sure you receive a certificate of water regulations compliance (TAPS) from the plumber or underground worker, after they have completed the work.

    Please see notes on certificates on our frequently asked questions.

  • Make sure that the work is carried out or witnessed by one of the named persons listed as being approved for that company.
  • The companies and their approved persons are not able to carry out any work in the public highway without the consent of the local Highway Authority.
  • If you require a connection to the outside stop valve and this cannot be achieved by excavating on your side of the boundary,please contact us 24 hours a day on 0800 3169 800. 0800 numbers are free to call from UK landlines, but may be chargeable from mobiles. Rates vary depending on your network and call plan (If your hearing or speech is impaired, you can contact us using the Next Generation Text Service, NGTS). Our lines are open 24 hours a day. We will give you a quote for this work and this cost will be in addition to the work carried out by the approved plumber or contractor on your side of the boundary.
  • If you are also receiving a new connection from our Developer Services department, please provide the quote number and district number on your invoice, to the approved plumber or contractor, so they can enter this on the certificate of compliance.
  • Please see notes on certificates on our frequently asked questions.

Internal plumbing work

Indicates that the plumber will carry out internal work, for example: heating systems, showers and washing machines.

Underground / underground worker

Qualified to work on the supply pipe from outside stop tap or valve (OSV) to the inside stop tap or valve (ISV), for example: repairs of underground supply pipes, or repairs / replacement of relays.

Reduce Pressure Zone valve testing

This is a type of backflow prevention device that can only be installed and tested by an accredited person.

Search for a plumber in your area

Please select the type of work you need a plumber for:
Please select the type of work you want a plumber for. See the 'Key to list' for more help
For a list of plumbers that work in your area, please select your region from the dropdown list below.